Student Life announces updated move-out timeline

On May 13, the Office of Student Life sent an email to Loyola students regarding their updated move-out timeline for on-campus residents. 

In the email, Student Life confirmed receiving clearance from the Maryland Higher Education Commission to allow Maryland residents to return to campus. So far, the university has scheduled more than 400 move-out appointments for Marylanders. 

“Given the current trajectory for Maryland as well as numerous states who have already lifted orders or will soon be lifting orders, we are anticipating that another 1,200 students will be able to sign up for appointments to move out,” said Tim Cherney, Associate Director of Student Life. 

Starting next week, Student Life will begin sending out invitations to schedule appointments on a state-to-state basis. These appointments will be available as early as June 1 and can be accessed through the RoomRez Housing Portal on InsideLoyola. The appointments will be open for approximately two weeks. 

Student Life stressed the importance of returning to campus only during one’s appointment time, as it is essential to keep a safe environment during this process.

“Students who arrive to campus without an appointment will not be granted access to the halls, and any attempt to access the halls or any other actions that put others at risk may be addressed through the student conduct process,” said Cherney. 

Cherney also mentioned the continuous monitoring of states and regions whose executive travel orders do not currently have end dates. Student Life “encourages students in those regions to connect with current roommates or other Loyola peers who may be able to assist [the student] in retrieving belongings on [their] behalf.”

The email also provided information regarding Loyola’s moving partner, Dorm Room Movers. Students who do not wish to travel back to campus can coordinate with their movers to pack, store, and ship their belongings during a live three-hour Zoom call. 

To reduce the possibility of wrong items being packed or moved, the university will likely grant access to Dorm Room Movers after June 15, once physical move-out appointments have concluded. 

Student Life included tips and recommendations for this move-out method, such as the differences between domestic and international shipping. More information about Dorm Room Movers can be found at their website

Further information about Student Life’s move-out plan can be found at their website.

Check back with The Greyhound for all COVID-19 updates.