NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Championships Schedule Officially Announced

Larry French

It was all smiles and a trophy hoisted high as women’s lacrosse beat Navy 12-11 in overtime on May 4 at Ridley Athletic Complex. This final point for the Greyhounds was scored by Georgia Latch ‘25. According to the Loyola Greyhounds official site, this is the eighth Patriot League title that the Greyhounds have attained. The team’s overall record for this year was 17-2. At the time of the victory, they knew they were guaranteed an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships. However, they would not know further details until the next day during the Women’s Lacrosse Selection Show. 

Now, the schedule has been finalized for the NCAA Championships starting May 10. Loyola begins by playing Duke at 4:00 p.m. on that first day in Philadelphia. If they make it through to the next round, they will compete against the winner of the University of Pennsylvania versus the University of Richmond game. This second round will be held on May 12 at 1 p.m. also in Philadelphia. The quarter-finals will take place on May 16 and the time is to be announced. This will be followed by the semifinals on May 24 at 3 p.m. in Cary, North Carolina. The conclusion of the NCAA Championships will be held on May 26 at 12 p.m. in Cary, North Carolina. 

During last year’s NCAA Championships, Loyola hosted the first round and made it all the way to the quarterfinals where they lost against Northwestern. According to the Loyola Greyhounds official site, Loyola will be competing for the twenty fifth time to win the NCAA Championships and has competed for six consecutive years. Furthermore, it will be the eleventh time they compete in the championships under current head coach Jen Adams. 

The team had a successful season, but only time will tell in terms of their progress throughout the championships. The first round of the championships will be available to watch on ESPN+ on May 10 at 4 p.m..