Baltimore features fun festivities for fall

Fall has arrived! For many students at Loyola, it’s their favorite time of year. The leaves are changing, we’ve settled into a new school year, and sweater weather season is upon us—or at least it’s supposed to be!

The Baltimore area is filled with fun fall-time activities to partake in with your friends on weekends. Out of the many, the most popular include apple picking, wineries, and a visit to a sunflower patch to get a perfect Instagram with your roommates.

So to keep you a basic Loyola student this fall, try visiting one of these locations in the area!

Weber’s Cidermill Farm

Address: 2526 Proctor Lane, Parkville, MD 21234

Located in Parkville, just 20 minutes north of our Evergreen campus, Weber’s Cidermill Farm is the perfect fall location. Throughout September, go out on a limb and pick from Weber’s 32 varieties of Apple trees or 38 varieties of peaches. You can even purchase some fresh vegetables. Go for a hayride, lose yourself in a straw maze, pet some farm animals, climb a tire mountain, or relax on a tractor ride. Don’t forget to come back to campus with a pumpkin in addition to your freshly picked apples and peaches!

Clear Meadow Farm

Address: 3769 Norrisville Road, Jarrettsville, MD 21084

Planted in Harford County, Clear Meadow Farm is one of Maryland’s agricultural producers. During this time of year, Clear Meadow is known for their extensive and flourishing sunflower field. Sunflowers are in full bloom in September so grab your friends for a quick road trip and photo-op! Clear Meadow charges $5 per car to enter the sunflower field. Check it out!

Boordy Vineyards

Address: 2820 Long Green Pike, Hydes, MD 21082

For those of legal drinking age, take a 30-minute trip north to Boordy Vineyards to explore the area and enjoy a wine tasting! Wine tastings are available Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and at 1 p,m. on Sundays. Tours are offered on Saturday and Sunday from 2-3:30 p.m. Sit back, have a glass of red or white, and enjoy northern Baltimore’s fall time weather.

Stay busy this fall in Baltimore, get off campus and explore!