The Ravens (and their fans) are back

After a relaxing bye week, the Baltimore Ravens are set to resume play this Sunday against their bitter rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers. While this matinee AFC North showdown will feature star quarterbacks Ben Roethlisberger and Lamar Jackson, it will also see the return of fans to M&T Bank Stadium.

Bernard C. “Jack” Young, the mayor of Baltimore, announced that around 3,000 people will be allowed to sit in the lower bowl, 800 people will sit in club-level seats, and 500 people will sit in suites. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan said that each section can be at “10% capacity.” However, the upper bowl will not be open. 

As great as having fans in the stands sounds, Mayor Young was hesitant about the idea of welcoming fans back to M&T Bank Stadium. However, after reviewing the Raven’s safety protocols, he expressed full confidence in allowing fans inside the stadium.

“I have reviewed the Ravens’ plan to return fans to the stadium pursuant to the governor’s recent executive order, and I am pleased to announce we will be allowing fans at the next game,” Young said in a statement. “This exception takes into consideration the amount of thought and detail put into the Ravens’ protocols, as well as the size of the location and distancing possible.”

Since the seating capacity for Sunday’s game will be limited, Ravens season ticket holders will enter a “lottery system and request tickets for the game.” Additionally, tailgating will not be permitted before kickoff at 1pm on Sunday, Nov. 1.

M&T Bank Stadium is requiring all fans in attendance to wear face coverings at all times, except when eating and drinking. Wearing face coverings has become a new norm in America this year, and fans attending the game will have to comply.

2020 has been anything but normal, but for Ravens fans in Maryland and across America, seeing people back at M&T Bank Stadium will bring happiness into people’s homes on Sunday as they watch their Ravens battle the Steelers for first place in the AFC North.

Featured Image courtesy of Chris Conger via Flickr Creative Commons