The Greyhound takes on Boulder Garden Cafe

The spring semester is underway at Loyola, and new additions at Boulder Garden Cafe are in full bloom. Thanks to the staff at Boulder and their marketing and wellness manager, Lindsay Winn, the editorial board of The Greyhound gave the new menu a try, tasting everything from their new meatless options to the BBQ station.

Everyone on the staff found the vegan and vegetarian options pleasantly surprising. “The jackfruit was very interesting. I don’t usually go for vegetarian alternatives, but I mean, I could eat it,” said Molly Werts ‘19, the sports editor for The Greyhound. Even the self-proclaimed pickiest eater on Earth, editor-in-chief Emma Hagedoorn ‘20, took part in the jackfruit meat alternative without negative feedback.

“That’s a lot of vinegar in that slaw,” said Alex Vigliotti ‘21, The Greyhound’s photographer, taken aback by the overwhelming aftertaste of the cole slaw. “It sneaks up on you,” said Dan Ostmann ‘19, opinions editor, providing his own commentary on the cole slaw.

Nonetheless, the group was happiest with the array of sauces and the sweet potato fries. The Carolina sauce and the Korean barbeque sauce were both crowd pleasers, especially in compliments to the chicken. In addition, because of a suggestion made by Winn, the board tried their sweet potato fries with honey–something none of us had ever had but were eager to try.

Not only was the taste testing fun, but it was also a great insight to the new dishes Boulder is offering throughout the semester. Check out the video of our experience, kindly recorded and edited by our social media editor, Marley Scheld ‘20.

Featured Image Courtesy of Marley Scheld