Top 10: Dream Comeback/ Reunion Tours

The beginnings of a new school year, especially in college, can always leave one feeling nostalgic for the past, especially music from the past. Inspired by *NSync’s brief onstage reunion at the Video Music Awards, The Greyhound has compiled our Top 10 Dream Comeback Concerts.

1. *NSync-*NSync’s teaser reunion at the 2013 VMAs just left us wanting more. Performing for what seemed like only mere seconds during Justin Timberlake’s 15-minute spectacle, which on a side note was fantastic, did not satisfy any cravings we have for an *NSync concert. A full-blown tour with hits like “Bye, Bye, Bye” and “Just Got Paid” could bring joy to so many twenty-something year olds. The Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block have all been on tour recently, *NSync why can’t you join the list.
  2. Destiny’s Child- Similar to *NSync, Destiny’s Child has had their own “reunion” in the last year when they joined Beyoncé onstage at the Super Bowl Half-Time Show. However, this get-together was just as short as *NSync’s and featured Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams singing Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies” and acting more like backup dancers than band members. A reunion tour would show that Queen B remembers her roots and that the girls are survivors of time
  3. Hilary Duff-If you are a girl, Hilary Duff was probably your idol as a child and if you are a guy, she might have been your first celebrity crush. Now she is married and mother to her one-year-old son. Even more difficult to believe than 25-year-old Hilary being a wife and mother is that her debut album, Metamorphosis, turned 10 years old on Aug. 26. Hollywood could use a little Hilary to show Disney child stars the right way to perform and grow up in the spotlight. Her songs “Come Clean” and “Sweet Sixteen” weren’t just enjoyed by Disney fans, but liked enough by the MTV audience to be used as theme songs to the popular shows Laguna Beach and My Super Sweet Sixteen. Rumors have been spreading that Hilary might be recording an album now, so this fantasy concert could be reality in the near future.
  4. Aaron Carter- Aaron Carter obviously knows how to throw a great party, which would only give us high hopes for a great concert. After his stint on Dancing with the Stars he has proved he still has moves. If he really wanted to make his tour a party he could bring Shaq out for “That’s How I Beat Shaq.” Maybe the next time his brother Nick and the Backstreet Boys tour Aaron can join them.
  5. Jesse McCartney- Someone who has gone on tour with the Backstreet Boys recently is Jesse McCartney. A comeback tour where he isn’t the opening act could show the world what great potential he ha be a big star. The pop and R&B singer has the whole package: he is cute, he is talented and his songs are actually good. He released a new single “Back Together” on Aug. 13, perhaps next summer we will all be buying Jesse McCartney concert tickets.
  6. Dream Street- Jesse McCartney doesn’t have to worry about finding an opening act, because the band that he started with can join him – Dream Street. This boy group never became as popular as *NSync or Backstreet Boys, but they were big. In the early 2000s, it seemed that commercial after commercial advertised the guys’ CD and they were heartthrobs for eight to 12 year olds.
  7. S Club 7- The British pop group of four girls and three guys said it best, “There ain’t no party like S Club party.” S Club 7 was so popular in 2000 they even had their own television show on Fox Family and then ABC Family, but they seemed to have fallen off the grid. There is hope they will reunite after band member Rachel Stevens told the Daily Mail on March 24, “We met up not long ago and we talked about [a reunion] and we still are talking about it. We are all in the same headspace, talking about how special it was and we do all want to celebrate what we had. So it’s definitely a possibility.”
  8. Michelle Branch- If you ever need a song to belt to, Michelle Branch is your girl; her hits never get old. The singer-songwriter not only wrote good tunes, but she could sing them well too. A concert by her would be a treat and a pleasure for your ears. You wouldn’t have to worry about any auto-tune or lip-synching from Michelle. Now a wife and mother, maybe she’ll feel inspired to get back out on the road soon.
  9. Spice Girls- The Spice Girls went on a reunion tour in 2007-2008 and performed as a group at the 2012 Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony, but you can never have enough Baby, Ginger, Posh, Scary and Sporty in your life. “Wannabe,” “Stop” and “Spice Up Your Life” are jams that do not get old. This dream will most likely stay a dream since Victoria Beckham, Posh, has practically sworn off singing and devoted her life to family and fashion. However, we can always hope that they’ll decide to comeback and spread a little girl power.
  10. Smash Mouth- Growing up Smash Mouth’s song “All Star” was probably used on every grammar school basketball team’s warm-up playlist. The group also did great cover of songs like The Monkees’ “I’m a Believer,” which was used in Shrek, and War’s “Why Can’t We Be Friends?” A comeback concert by them would be a huge, upbeat bash.