Top 10 Fall activities in and around Baltimore

1. Peachberry Farm

Visit Weber’s Cider Mill Farm, the perfect place to indulge in the smells and tastes of autumn. The farm’s market boasts all kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as their much loved apple cider. Peachberry Farm, owned by the same family, is only five miles north of Cider Mill and allows visitors to pick their own apples and pumpkins throughout October and early November. Check out their website to find the best times to visit.

1. downloadTaste of Georgetown

If you’re able to take a drive down to the Washington, D.C. area, stop by Georgetown on October 3 for a Taste of Georgetown and sample foods from over 30 of Georgetown’s best restaurants and bakeries. Enjoy your food while walking along the waterfront and taking in the entertainment around you.

1. Fell’s Point Fun Festival

Spend a few hours roaming around the popular Fell’s Point neighborhood and enjoy music, foods from around the world, artwork and a variety of unique vendors. The festival is free to the public and falls on October 2-4, which also happens to be Family Weekend, so this is the perfect place to take your parents (or for your parents to take you)!

1. Baltimore Farmers’ Market & Bazaarbaltimores_farmers_martkets

Open on Sundays from April through December, the Farmers’ Market and Bazaar is the perfect place for those whose passions are eating and shopping. A producers-only market, various fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and dairy are available in conjunction with the bazaar where jewelry, handbags, clothing, rugs and many other handmade items are sold. The market and bazaar is located under the Jones Falls Expressway at Holliday & Saratoga streets.

1. Autumn Glory Festival

The Autumn Glory Festival, running from October 7-11, is a large event in a small town. Spanning over five days, this festival in Oakland, MD, named America’s Best Town for Fall Colors in 2014, brings people together to celebrate the coming of fall. Parades, concerts, art exhibits and more activities are enjoyed by thousands of visitors every year.

1. Oktobearfest

oktobearfestfeature4Trying to find more exciting weekend plans? Take a trip to the Maryland Zoo on October 17. For those of age, $45 gets you the opportunity to taste 30+ seasonal beers, listen to live music, enjoy German inspired foods and take a stroll around the zoo. Beer and cute animals — what could be better? Not 21 yet? A non-sampling ticket allows you access to everything minus the beer tastings.

1. Fall Sundays at Boordy Vineyards

If wine is more your thing, Boordy Vineyards, just a 30-minute drive from Downtown Baltimore, offers special wine tastings on Sundays during the fall months. In addition to tasting some of their most delicious wines, you will get a ride through the vineyard and an opportunity to learn a bit more about the winemaking process. Complete your day listening to live music and fine foods.

1. download (1)Harbor Harvest

If you are planning to stay in Baltimore for Fall Break, Harbor Harvest is a great opportunity to go down to the Inner Harbor and enjoy the fresh air. Though many of its activities are geared more towards children, the Harbor Harvest still has elements that college students can enjoy like the festival’s famous Ikea pumpkin patch and foods from some of Baltimore’s best food trucks. Save the date for the afternoon of October 18.

1. OysterFest

The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum will host its annual OysterFest on Halloween this year. What better place to taste freshly caught oysters from the Chesapeake Bay than along the Bay itself? Listen to live music, learn how to catch and cook oysters and observe the best Chesapeake-themed Halloween costumes. Don’t worry if you have an aversion to seafood: there is plenty of other food to be eaten and fun to be had.

1. Bennett’s Curse

79840801-2f65cb96-9a42-440b-9679ff261e183c0fFor those of you with a passion for all things terrifying, Bennett’s Curse is one of America’s top Halloween attractions, and it is only steps away from Baltimore’s M&T Bank Stadium. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill haunted attraction; Bennett’s Curse offers four hours of freakish fun that’s guaranteed to give you nightmares. Make a visit sometime in October, and take some friends — you won’t want to go alone.