Karson Institute to host conversation and reception with Deputy President of Kenya

The Karson Institute for Race, Peace, & Social Justice and the International COnference of Bishops are collaborating to host “Politics, Prose & Peace: A Conversation with Dr. William Ruto, the Deputy President of Kenya.” The ‘COMloquium’ will be held in person in McGuire Hall, as well as livestreamed on March 1, from 5-7 p.m. 

Dr. Karsonya “Kaye” Wise Whitehead, Ph.D., will be discussing African American history, the changing state of the environment, connections between peace and social justice, and what democracy looks like and how it is defined in America and Kenya. 

The discussion is a live event as part of the Karson Institutes COMloquium Series, which is held each month engaging in one on one conversations with Dr. Whitehead and a guest to discuss issues surrounding racial, social, and healing justice in a timely and sensitive manner.

“The Karson Institute is committed to creating spaces to engage in conversations that link countries and communities together,” said Dr. Whitehead.

A Q&A session will be held immediately following the event. This event is free, however, registration to guarantee a seat is highly suggested. More information is available on the Karson Institute website.