Mo Gaba Way: the newest street in Baltimore

If you drive around Baltimore in the next month or so, you might notice a new street name. That is because Mo Gaba, a Baltimore sports fan who passed away in July due to cancer, is having a street named in his honor.

“The street will be called Mo Gaba Way.” Mo Gaba was a diehard Orioles and Ravens fan, and his enthusiasm and famous laugh were adored by the Baltimore community. This will be a great way to continue Mo Gaba’s lasting legacy in Baltimore and he will never be forgotten when people drive on Mo Gaba Way. 

This season, the Ravens have honored Gaba with an entire section of seats at M&T Bank Stadium. “Every seat in section 146 has a cardboard cutout of Mo Gaba. The section was called Mo’s Rows.” Also, one of the end zones at M&T Bank Stadium was painted “BaltiMOre,” with the “m” and “o” capitalized to emphasize Mo. 

Former Baltimore City Councilman Joe DiBlasi said that he has “received approval from the Baltimore City Department of Transportation to dedicate a street downtown for Mo “in proximity to Oriole Park and M&T Bank Stadium.” Due to the coronavirus, the ceremony for Mo Gaba Way will not be open to the public, but Ravens officials and cheerleaders will attend.

Mo Gaba will always be an inspiration for the Baltimore community, and now that he will have a street named in his honor, his legacy, zest, and laughter will live on forever.

Featured Image courtesy of Mike Keller via Flickr Creative Commons