ESPN+ and Patriot League partner up to showcase live sporting events

Loyola sports might just be getting the boost in coverage that they need. The Patriot League has announced a partnership with ESPN+, which will enable the new platform to showcase live and archived Patriot League sporting events. The agreement is a multiyear deal that will make ESPN+ the official streaming service for the Patriot League. 

“The Patriot League has been among the leaders within intercollegiate athletics for its live streaming production with its robust and high-quality live digital programming for more than a decade,” Patriot League Commissioner, Jennifer Heppel, said. According to the partners of this deal, showing Patriot League contests on ESPN+ should attract more college sports fans to the network. Sports such as basketball, lacrosse, soccer, and others will be in the national spotlight. 

“We are looking forward to this exciting new partnership between ESPN+ and the Patriot League,” Donna M. Woodruff, assistant vice president and director of athletics at Loyola, said. Not only will the Patriot League be promoted by this new partnership, but Loyola’s student athletes and sports teams will also receive recognition.

In addition to showing regular-season games, ESPN+ will broadcast the postseason coverage of most Patriot League sports. Since 2006, the Patriot League has streamed thousands of live events and on-demand videos, and with this new deal, ESPN+ subscribers will have access to approximately 800 live Patriot League sporting events. All conference matchups will be broadcasted on the network, in addition to some non-conference matchups. 

In addition to the Patriot League, ESPN+ showcases sports from conferences such as the Big 12, AAC, Ivy League, Big South, Sun Belt, and more. ESPN’s attempt to showcase more college sports has been a success so far, and by showing Patriot League events on ESPN+, Loyola fans will be able to watch their teams at any time, from anywhere, for just $5.99 a month or $49.99 a year.

For more information on this partnership, visit this press release from the Patriot League.

Featured Image courtesy of Loyola University Maryland via Flickr Creative Commons