The Counseling Center announces affinity spaces in response to racial injustice

[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”] [et_pb_row admin_label=”row”] [et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]

On June 11, the Counseling Center announced three new supportive spaces, two of which are to be introduced next week. In response to racial injustice, the center organized Zoom sessions geared toward Black students, White students, and students of color. 

On June 16, “Black Minds Matter” will be held virtually from 3pm to 4:30pm. This affinity space for Black students will focus on well-being and mental health. Contact Kourtney Bennett, Ph.D at [email protected] or Sheila Graham, Ph.D at [email protected] for more information. The session can be joined here

At the same time and date, “White Accountability for Dismantling Racism” will be held for White students looking to explore antiracism. The session will analyze White contributions to individualized and systemic racism. Jason Parcover, Ph.D can be contacted at [email protected] or Brad Bryk, Psy.D at [email protected] with any questions. The session can be joined here.

“Empower” is a support space for students of color to discuss their experiences at a predominantly white institution. Contact Claudette Williamson-Taylor, Ph.D at [email protected] or Dennis Velez, MA at [email protected] for the Zoom link and other updates. 

For more information about Loyola’s upcoming affinity spaces, contact the Counseling Center at 410-617-2273.

[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column] [/et_pb_row] [/et_pb_section]