No. 12 Women’s lacrosse trounces No. 4 Florida on the road, 17-6 

Sam Fiedler ’21 single handedly outscored No. 4 Florida on Saturday, racking up seven goals and an assists to lead the No. 12 Loyola women’s lacrosse team to a convincing 17-6 victory.

The Hounds remain undefeated on the season with a 3-0 start. The win on Saturday marks one of the program’s most dominant performances, as the 11-goal margin of victory was Loyola’s largest ever against an opponent ranked in the Top Five. 

Livy Rosenzweig ’21 continued to produce All-American numbers with three goals and three assists. Elli Kluegel ’21 had a hat trick and an assist, while Emily Wills ’23 and Jillian Wilson ’22 each scored three points. Kaitlyn Larsson ’21 hit double-digit saves again with 11, including nine in the first half.

Fiedler and Kluegel got the Greyhounds’ offense rolling early with two goals each to lead a 7-2 run. Florida reduced that lead to 7-4, but Loyola then exploded for a 9-0 run over a span of 20 minutes. 

Fiedler got her hat trick with 3:58 remaining in the first half off an assist from Rosenzweig to make the score 9-4, then Rosenzweig scored just over a minute later to end the first-half scoring.

Leading 10-4 halftime, the Hounds didn’t stop there. They tacked on six more including three from Fiedler, ending with a goal from Bridget Ballard ’21 to give the road team a 16-4 lead with 10:52 remaining. 

Fiedler scored her seventh and final goal with 3:54 left to make the score 17-5. The Gators got one more garbage-time goal to make the final 17-6. 

Expect the 12th-ranked women’s lacrosse team to make a jump into the Top 10 this week. They stay on the road next weekend for a 1:00 p.m. match-up at Penn State University.

Featured Image Courtesy of Cyndi Chambers Sports.