Loyola celebrating Alpha Sigma Nu Day

Loyola celebrating Alpha Sigma Nu Day

On Oct. 17, Loyola’s chapter of Alpha Sigma Nu is organizing a special event in honor of this special celebration. 

Alpha Sigma Nu (ASN) is the Jesuit Honor Society, which was founded in 1915. ASN celebrates the ideals of Jesuit higher education. At Loyola, acceptance is granted to less than four percent of the junior and senior classes. It is a recognition of students who have distinguished themselves in scholarship, loyalty, and service.

From noon to 2 p.m. on the quad (rain location: Boulder Atrium), the chapter will have free doughnuts and coffee for community members. Additionally, it will provide a thank you card station for the opportunity to thank a member of the Loyola community who has helped living out the Jesuit values or has inspired with regard to scholarship, loyalty, or service – the pillars of Alpha Sigma Nu. 

“I am excited for Alpha Sigma Nu Day because I think it is a great opportunity for the Loyola community to come together and celebrate, appreciate, and reflect upon the value of a Jesuit education,” Hannah Tubman ‘20 said, the Events Coordinator for Loyola’s chapter. 

Alpha Sigma Nu Day is not only for members of the society but for the entire Loyola community in order to channel their #IggyInspiration. 

For more information on Loyola’s chapter, follow @asn_loyolamd on Instagram.