A Look Back at 10 Years of Supernatural

On Sunday, September 13, the series “Supernatural” celebrated its ten-year anniversary. On that day, #10YearsofSupernatural supernaturalwas the second-most trending topic on Twitter. The Supernatural fandom has gone through many ups and downs over the course of these ten years, but the dedicated fans have stuck with the show for better and for worse. The show was almost taken off the air at one point, but the fans kept the show alive and helped the ratings skyrocket after several seasons of the ratings plummeting. As an avid Supernatural fan, I’m quite ecstatic at the ten-year milestone, and can’t wait to see what will happen with the show in the near future. But for now, the Supernatural fandom can enjoy this great accomplishment!

Although the show started off with death and tragedy, it became so much more than that. “Supernatural” is about two brothers, Dean and Sam, on a journey. They work together to rid the world of evil while overcoming all the odds and did so as a family unit when it seemed like, and sometimes was like, the world was completely against them. Each season has had its unique obstacles for the brothers to overcome whether it was the demons, leviathans, angels, etc. The show, even with its questionable seasons, has always remained interesting and pure entertainment for viewers. My favorite episode is Season 6, Episode 15: “The French Mistake.” In this episode, Dean and Sam were transported to an imagesalternate universe where they were no longer brothers fighting the world of supernatural. Instead, they were actors on a TV show “Supernatural,” where they were playing the fictional characters Sam and Dean, as themselves (Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki). The episode had me laughing nonstop and I grew to appreciate the actors more. Of course, there are many other episodes and special moments throughout the seasons that I love as well.

This past decade has been a rollercoaster of emotions for Supernatural fans. But, in honor of the show’s anniversary and on behalf of Supernatural fans everywhere, I want to thank the boys (Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, and Misha Collins) for sticking with the show and always being so supportive and loyal to the fans. Cheers to the future of Supernatural!