OPTIONS trips provide alternatives to drinking culture, fun for all

OPTIONS, the student-led organization that works to broaden the Loyola student experience, is offering a wide range of trips and events this fall that are sure to spark your interest. From apple picking at Baugher’s Orchard on Oct. 12, to “Hershey’s Park in the Dark” on Oct. 26, this group works to provide students with a fun alternative to the typical college weekend agenda.

OPTIONS allows students to attend a variety of fun, inclusive off-campus activities at a reduced ticket price on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the semester. 

“The goal is to get people off-campus and away from the drinking culture for a while at an affordable price,” says OPTIONS executive board member Daniel Esposito ’22. “We purposely schedule trips on days like Rally, knowing that may limit the people who sign up because we don’t want to conform to the [drinking] culture.” 

OPTIONS hopes to “give people who don’t drink or aren’t a fan of events like Rally the option—pun intended—to have something else to do,” said Esposito.

In the past, OPTIONS has provided several day trips that students continue to reminisce upon for months afterward. Francesca Cardinale ’20 took a trip to Hershey Park with OPTIONS at the end of her sophomore year, and she still refers to it as her “favorite trip” nearly two years later. Cardinale and Alana Munn ’20 decided to join the trip at the last minute, and it ended up being one of the most fun days they had that spring. 

“The best thing I’ve seen since joining the executive board of OPTIONS is the genuine excitement our trips bring,” said Esposito.

Sign-ups for OPTIONS trips begin Wednesdays the week before the trip at 9 a.m. in the Office of Student Activities, located on the third floor of the Student Center. 

Feature Image: Courtesy of the OPTIONS Instagram page.