Nick Jonas makes a comeback

Nick Jonas has always been a fan favorite , and has recently started his booming solo career as both an artist and an actor. He is making his way into the limelight once again with everything from a new hit song to his television debut to in a scandalous magazine spread.

His career started when he was very young and starred in Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast and Annie Get Your Gun on Broadway. Nick also had an extremely successful music career with brothers Kevin and Joe, when they formed the band the Jonas Brothers in 2005, only to then break up several years later. Prior to the breakup Jonas also had success on Broadway starring in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying in 2012.

It has been exactly a year since the Jonas Brothers officially announced they were breaking up for good, according to E! Online. The split was written down to each brother wanting to pursue their own solo projects, and Kevin becoming a father.

In early October, Jonas certainly put himself in the spotlight with a photo spread with “Flaunt” magazine, as a sort of tribute to Mark Wahlberg’s famous Calvin Klein underwear ad. He poses in black jeans dropped to his ankles to mimic Wahlberg’s risqué poses. Naturally, this grabbed the world’s attention.

However, Nick didn’t stop there. He also made his debut in television acting in the DirectTV’s new show Kingdom on October 8. According to E! Online, he put on 15 pounds of muscle so he could play the role of a mixed martial arts fighter named Nate in the new family drama. His character is the son of man named Alvey Kulina who owns a gym on Navy Street in Venice, California and encourages his son to fight. The show is all about family, the struggle of finding out who you are and living in the MMA world.

Nick is also busy with his solo music career. TIME Magazine proclaims: “Nick Jonas is redefining himself this year.” His new album has a R&B and pop feel, and is set to release November 10. The album is self-titled “Nick Jonas.” His influences for the album include Frank Ocean, The Weeknd and many others.

He told TIMEMagazine, “I came in really wanting to make a record that was different from anything I’d done in the past, but that was true to my influences: Stevie Wonder, Prince, Bee Gees.”

Don’t expect his album to sound at all like any of the Jonas Brothers’ hits. He has already released four songs from the album: “Chains,” “Wilderness,” “Numb” (featuring Angel Haze) and his most popular hit “Jealous.”

Nick has explained the story behind the song “Jealous.” What inspired him to the write the song was when he was out with his girlfriend one night, and he caught another guy looking at her butt. It sparked jealousy, but instead of fighting the gawker, he decided to write the song.

He also explained how he decided to make a solo career move: “Just starting it. That was pretty bold. That took a lot just to get to that place where I could have that conversation and roll it out from there. And I really did push myself to step outside of my comfort zone and work with people that I’d never worked with before.”

It will be exciting to see what Jonas brings next with his new upcoming album and how he will bring his solo fame to light. Be sure to catch his new album on November 10 and watch Kingdom on the Audience Network on DirectTV