Chris Pratt: Hollywood’s newest leading man?

I’d always known the name – Chris Pratt – but it didn’t mean much to me as compared to, say, “Leo DiCaprio” or “George Clooney,” for which there’s a pre-programmed swoon setting in my noggin. It wasn’t until I stumbled upon an interview with Chris Pratt in which he braids a random girl’s hair that I thought maybe this one’s here to stay—in Hollywood that is.

Besides being quite an expert hair stylist thanks to practicing on wife Anna Faris, Pratt has quite a few other things going for him. He’s mostly known as the funny, dimwitted yet adorable Andy Dwyer from “Parks and Recreation.” The Golden Globe winning, Emmy nominated show is currently in its seventh season, and is a testament to the comedic chops of Pratt and his co-stars. The “Parks and Rec” devotees might’ve already known about Pratt’s potential since the show’s start in 2009, but he’s been a cult favorite of some for much longer. Some of his first roles include Bright Abbott on “Everwood” (an oldie to the millennial generation) and then Summer Roberts’ protesting, spirit-animal seeking friend at Brown named Ché on “The O.C.” which is where I first became acquainted with the actor.

“Chris Pratt” has now become a household name, though, with the popular Guardians of the Galaxy, which had a long streak in the Box Office Top 10. The film ha grossed over $313 million…and counting. Marvel’s flick about a group of unlikely superheroes has an all-star cast including Zoe Saldana and the voices of Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel. However, Pratt is the ultimate star of this movie as Peter Quill, or “Star Lord,” with a chiseled six-pack and a quick wit to boot. The surprising hit has a perfect combination of humor and action along with a stellar soundtrack, key components for a successful flick.

Pratt’s present popularity doesn’t end there, though.

The actor who’s comedic timing is down to a tee just recently showcased that talent hosting the premiere of SNL’s 40th season on September 27, something seen as a huge milestone for anyone in the business. In an interview for the show, Pratt stated that “22 people get picked [each season] and it’s an incredible honor.” Given how easily humor comes to him, I’d say he’s got a pretty good shot at getting asked to host again.

Pratt has also been cast in the latest Jurassic Park installment called “Jurassic World.” This goes to show that Pratt is getting recognized for his acting chops, too, and that his leading-man abilities are definitely there.

Although his newest work is catapulting him to A-list level fame, Pratt has numerous underrated roles from the past. Check out his filmography creds and pull up Netflix to get yourself better acquainted with Hollywood’s newest leading lad.