It’s over! Paltrow & Martin split

Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay’s Chris Martin are broken up for good after 10 years of marriage.  The couple announced their split late March calling it,  “conscious uncoupling.”

E! News said it “has been one of the most amicable splits that Hollywood has ever seen.” They released a statement announcing their split on Paltrow’s digital media and e-commerce company, GOOP website.

“It is with hearts fu1389635271_chris-martin-gwyneth-paltrow-articlell of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner.”

The couple got married in December 2003 with a private ceremony and are parents to  9.5  year old daughter, Apple and 7.5  year old son, Moses. The pair and their children flew to the Bahamas right after the announcement to avoid the chaos.  According to reports, they are enjoying themselves as a family in the sunshine and sand.

Martin and Paltrow having been having problems for quite awhile now. Cheating rumors have always haunted their relationship, and there have been reports of an “open relationship” according to People Magazine.

Back in 2008, Paltrow was reported to been hanging out with billionaire Jeffrey Soffer from South Florida while she attended his Fontainebleau hotel reopening.  There have also been rumors that she has hung out with Glee producer Brad Falchuk and entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn.

Chris Martin has been also accused of cheating as well. There have been rumors that he was linked to Kate Bosworth, Kate Hudson and Helena Christensen. Martin’s publicist has strongly denied rumors that he had any romantic relations with Bosworth.

Christensen’s rep told E! News, “Helena has been friends with both Chris Martin and Gwyneth for many years. However, she has had no romantic relations with Chris and any implication to the contrary would be highly defamatory and lead to legal proceedings.”

Rumors of Martin cheating on Paltrow with Kate Hudson have also been denied and it has been reported Paltrow and Martin are just close friends with Hudson. Despite the cheating rumors, the couple’s relationship has been on and off for many years and they have been having problems for over a year.  They fought over parenting, Paltrow’s strict diet habits and where they should raise their family. Paltrow also constantly criticizes and pokes fun at Martin’s daily diet.

Despite the drama between them, they are very committed to being good parents to Apple and Moses.  According to Us Weekly, they always put their kids first even though they have had issues throughout their marriage. Paltrow told The Mail’s You magazine in March 2013, “We are committed co-parents, we make all the decisions together, and lean on each other for support,”  Paltrow said.

“He is so good to the children and to know that you had kids with such a good man is a real weight off you,” she also stated about Martin.”Regardless of what happens in our marriage, I chose the best father.”