Pre-Health Society makes changes, moves forward

There is more good news regarding the Pre-Health Society. Although Dr. Levin, the club’s faculty advisor, resigned from his position at Loyola, the club is doing “better than ever,” said Pre-Health Society President Kathleen Wortmann. The club continues to help students reach their goals, and the resources are still here. Currently, the club is still open to hiring a new advisor, but Dean McGuiness, as the interim, “is doing a good job,” according to Wortmann.

After students in the club completed a survey, the Pre-Health Society reinvented their approach. For example, the club will carry throughout the entire year, rather than one semester only. They also have the opportunity to learn more from guest speakers. The Pre-Health Society is still flourishing, and Dr. Levin’s departure did not affect the club too badly. “It is obvious that Loyola misses him, but we’re moving forward. The club will be stronger this year,” Wortmann stated. Wortmann is very optimistic about the club, mentioning that they are “looking towards the future, not the past.”

Again, because Levin’s departure is a personnel matter, the University cannot comment. The previous article on this issue stated that the University would not comment because it was a “personal” matter, not “personnel,” which is incorrect.

If you are interested in joining the Pre-Health Society, feel free to email Kathleen Wortmann at [email protected].