Loyola Dance Company Happy with End-of-Semester Performance

The Loyola Dance Company hosted its final show of the fall semester and spectators say it was full of great moments. Senior officers from the Loyola Dance Company, Caroline Reichmann ‘23, and Katie FitzGerald ‘23, say they were happy with the outcome.

“The showcase completely exceeded our expectations. We were so proud of how professional the production turned out and how supportive the dancers were.”

Reichman, who has been dancing since the age of 3, explains why she enjoys dancing.

“I love to perform and share in the experience between my fellow dancers as well as the audience,” Reichman said. “It is also incredibly rewarding to work for something and to see it all come together in an actual performance.”

FitzGerald, who also started dancing when she was 3 years old, says she is excited to continue her passion for dancing with the Loyola Dance Company.

“I love being a part of the camaraderie between people who have a shared love for dance and performing,” FitzGerald said. “I also love being able to take on a leadership role in something I extremely enjoy and can express my creativity through.”

As performers, the dancers have to know how to adapt to a new situation very quickly. The senior officers say, for the most part, things went as planned, but leading up to the big performance the Dance Company had to overcome some obstacles. Reichmann spoke on a few obstacles that were present before the show.

“There were some dancers who became injured just two weeks before the performance, as well as some who became ill and could not participate,” Reichman said. “The choreographers and dancers showed outstanding resilience given these circumstances. Since dance is a team effort, there were changes to choreography and formations that happened at the last minute, which everyone accepted with optimism.”

Reichmann shared her favorite part of the show, which could have been a bad one, but the dance company came together as a team and made the show one to remember.

“My favorite part of the show was actually the closing number of the last show. Our music suddenly shut off in the middle of the dance, but we kept dancing. I was really impressed with the professionalism of our own dancers, but even more, it was truly a testament to the supportive nature of our organization when all of the dancers who were lined up backstage for the finale began singing the song for those of us on stage.”

For updates on future events from the Loyola Dance Company, or if you have any inquiries about the program, visit their website and follow them on Instagram @lumdancecompany

Featured Image Courtesy of @lumdancecompany on Instagram