Your Guide to Fall’s Top 6 Premiering TV Shows

It’s that time of year again – the time when eager TV viewers everywhere are anxiously awaiting the premiere of their favorite programs. Autumn means a return to school and reality; however, it also means a reappearance of fan-favorite shows. In addition, this fall season presents several brand-new programs. The following list outlines a mix of shows that will make their grand debut this fall, along with some returning programs. Check out the top six series to watch this fall!

1. “Scandal”

scandal_promoIf you don’t love “Scandal,” you’re simply not human, and that’s the end of the story. This show focuses on the actions of a woman (Olivia Pope, played by Kerry Washington) and her team of associates who solve problems for powerful clients in Washington, D.C. Scandal is too entertaining not to watch, even if the plot line may be slightly dramatic and over-exaggerated. The premiere of the 5th season is quickly approaching and will air at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 24. We expect nothing but the best from Shonda Rhimes (famous for her creation of “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy”) for this much-anticipated season. For example, Pope will continue toying between two men: the President of the United States, Fitzgerald Grant (Tony Goldwyn) and CIA agent Jake Ballard (Scott Foley). Aside from this steamy love triangle, Pope’s employees, Huck (Guillermo Díaz) and Quinn (Katie Lowes) must continue to fight to save the fate of influential D.C. clientele.

1. “Quantico”

At 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 27, ABC will introduce their new drama, “Quantico.” This show is based on the lives of several new FBI recruits who all come together to train at the Quantico Base in Virginia. While they have diverse backgrounds and personalities, they’ll all have to fight through their differences in order to succeed with training. Little do they know, one individual amongst them will be responsible for masterminding the biggest terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11. This gripping, intense new program is promised to be worth watching. Stay tuned!

1. “The Daily Show”

This might be a returning program (after all, it’s been on air since July of 1996), however, viewers are expected to get a kaku_13_600completely fresh taste of this news satire program this upcoming season. Since January of 1999, “The Daily Show” has been “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.” Now, the series will take on a new title as “The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.” Stewart recently passed along the hosting torch to Noah this past August, and while avid “Daily Show” viewers are disappointed by him stepping down, audiences can expect nothing but great things from the cheeky and charming Noah (his South African accent is motivation alone to watch). Trust me, you won’t want to miss this new spin on the show, which will premiere at 11:00 p.m. on Monday, September 28, on Comedy Central.

1. “Wicked City”

Do you all remember Ed Westwick, who starred as Chuck Bass in “Gossip Girl?” Well, he’s back on TV and this time, he’s taking on a completely different role as a serial killer in the new show “Wicked City.” This program is based in 1982 L.A., and focuses on a curious case of murders occurring during a time of sex, drugs and rock n’ roll. Women that Westwick finds in punk rock venues along the Sunset Strip will unfortunately be subjected to a gruesome fate. If you enjoy thrilling and goose-bump inducing TV, this might just be the show for you. Feel free to indulge in this eerie new program by tuning into ABC every Thursday night at 10:00 p.m., starting on October 27.

1. “American Horror Story”

ayyappa-tate-american-horror-story-95409Of course, “American Horror Story” isn’t a new series, but as all fans know, with each new season comes a slightly different plot line and cast. Season 5 will be titled “American Horror Story: Hotel,” and while beloved Jessica Lange quit the show, this season will present a promising set of actors and actresses, including Lady Gaga, Naomi Campbell, Max Greenfield, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates and many more. As to be expected, a creepy and mysterious story line will unravel inside an L.A.-based, six-story hotel, where Lady Gaga has exclusively revealed will be titled Cortez Hotel/Hotel Cortez. We can’t wait to see what this phenomenal cast and creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have in store for us this time around. Season 5 will premiere on FX on Wednesday, October 7.

1. “The Grinder”

At 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29, “The Grinder” will make its debut on FOX. This legal comedy series features Dean Sanderson (Rob Lowe) who is famous for playing a lawyer on a hit TV show (titled “The Grinder,” conveniently enough). But much to his brother Stewart’s (Fred Savage’s) dismay, Sanderson has plans to return home to Idaho and become a real-life attorney after the show ends. The brothers go head-to-head in a comical showdown, as both try and succeed in the law field. This witty, clever comedy brings light to Lowe’s spot-on character portrayals, which audiences haven’t seen since “Parks and Recreation.” Keep an eye out for this much-anticipated new series.