Billie Eilish on the Big Screen

Billie Eilish on the Big Screen

Imagine this: you sit down in the movie theater as the air buzzes with anticipation for what is to come. You have your tickets in one hand and your phone ready to record some of the songs as if you were at the actual concert, when suddenly the “Happier Than Ever” music video comes on. 

The extended cut of “Billie Eilish Live at the O2” started with the music video, followed soon after by the “NDA” music video and a quick message from Eilish’s mother, Maggie Baird, about her organization Support + Feed. 

The mission statement says, “Support + Feed takes action for a global shift to an equitable, plant-based food system to combat food insecurity and the climate crisis.” 

Eilish appeared on the screen to thank her fans for showing up to the screening of her first-ever professionally recorded concert. The video was posted by billieeilishtours on Instagram and shows her talking about how thankful she is for her fans for allowing her tour and this movie to happen. 

After the music videos, the ad, and the personalized video, the crowd is sent straight to the concert where Eilish is shown moving around to get to her position before her infamous jumping entrance as “bury a friend” blares through the concert venue and now the movie theater. 

The crowd poured into the main area of the theater to jump and dance together during some of the more energetic songs of her setlist. Eilish even requested people follow along to her instructions during her song “Oxytocin,” where she guided the audience through different dance movements. 

The billieeilishtours account on Instagram gave high praise to Eilish on her movie, saying that the film is the “8th highest domestic box office on its release day grossing over $1.2M across the country.” Eilish was able to attend a screening of the concert as seen on her Instagram story the night of its debut. 

At the end of the film, a written note appeared on the screen saying, “To my incredible fans, I LOVE YOU! Billie.”

The information on Eilish’s release dates for music, movies, merch, and more can be found on her Instagram

Featured Image Courtesy of MaryKat Weigman.