It All Started With A Rose

SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- Last weekend, The Bachelor’s Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici married in a beautiful romantic ceremony at the Four Seasons resort, The Biltmore, in Santa Barbara.

Picture 1Sean and Catherine met on the popular dating show, The Bachelor, in January 2013. Catherine was the winner of the 25 women that Sean chose from. Sean fell head over heels for Catherine and never wanted to say goodbye to her. He proposed to her in Thailand and then they rode off into the sunset on back of an elephant.  Sean and Catherine agreed after the show to be celibate with one another until marriage. They have been together ever since planning their televised nuptials for the world to see.

The show started off with Catherine and Sean going on a road trip to Sean’s hometown in Dallas, Texas. The fun and goofy couple hope to start their family in Dallas after the honeymoon. They also visited Sean’s family to tell them that they have set a wedding date. After telling them their wedding date, they talked about how Catherine is already part of the family and they asked Sean’s father Jay to marry them.

Then, the wedding planning began with everything from the unique theme of “grown sexy” to the wedding dress design. Catherine began by setting the theme for her wedding with celebrity wedding planner, Mindy Weiss,. Catherine described it as “Something that is sophisticated but has an era of sexy.” She also wanted the theme to make her feel grown up because her relationship with Sean had been so youthful. She also wanted hints of metallic gold throughout the ceremony decorations because it resembles Thailand, where they got engaged.

Catherine, her mother, the maid of honor Crista and Sean’s mom headed over to pick out a wedding dress at Monique Lhuillier. Catherine told the designer her thoughts about her perfect wedding gown. “I don’t want the dress to just be beautiful—I want it to blow his mind.” She tried on multiple beautiful dresses that all seemed like any girl’s dream dress. Crista shared her thoughts on their relationship “I love Catherine, I love Sean, she couldn’t have found a more perfect person.”

The décor of the wedding ceremony was definitely like a fairytale. Everything including the altar was decorated with beautiful pink and white roses. The altar had four pillars of pink and white roses connected by canopy of white chiffon fabric. The bridesmaids wore soft pink dresses that match their bouquets of roses. The ceremony began with bridesmaids and groomsmen who came down the aisle together to classical cello music by 2CELLOS. Then the two adorable ring bearers walked down the aisle, each with a pillow in their hand and one with a necklace of flowers. The flower girl came in next, wearing a white dress with a pink sash while she threw rose pedals along the aisle.

Everyone stood as 2CELLOS played the song for Catherine to walk down the aisle. Catherine wore a strapless gown with beautiful lace through out and a beaded band around the waist. The veil had lace flowers embroidered on the edges of it and she had a bouquet of gorgeous pink peonies. Sean’s eyes were filled with tears as she walked down the aisle with her parents. The couple exchanged handwritten vows with tears in their eyes. After their first kiss as husband and wife, they were officially married and walked down the aisle together while everyone cheered and pink rose petals fell like confetti in celebration.