SGA Announces the Newly Elected Members For the 2023-2024 School Year

The results are in… introducing the new elected members of SGA!
Colleen Bayley

Loyola’s Student Government Association is up and running again for another great year.  Within the first month of both new and returning students moving back on campus, SGA did not hesitate to begin the quest to seek new aspiring student leaders.

The Student Government Association, or SGA, is an organization dedicated to hearing the voices of all students to create a fulfilling experience at Loyola.  These student leaders solve conflicts voiced by the students and create various engagement events, such as Loyolapalooza, which is  held in the Spring.

New Assembly member Kyle Turner ’27 talks about why he wanted to run for student government. 

“I applied to be an Assembly member because people from my high school who were leaders of the same campus programs that I was in ended up doing student government when they got here, and so I decided to look into it when it first opened. I heard the pitch they had for SGA and what previous SGA members had done and what they had to say, and it all got me excited because I love serving and helping out other people. I love this community and so I saw this opportunity as the perfect chance to step up and help others at Loyola,” he said.

There were 40 students running for 19 positions this year, and over 1200 students voted via the Bridge app for whom they believed would be the best fit for a position within their class. 

On Friday, Sept. 29, the SGA executive board announced the newly elected members for the 2023-2024 Student Government Association:

Class of 2024 Assembly

Marianne Villaflor

Class of 2025 Fall Assembly

Stella DiCicco

Denise Valladares

Sam Gonzalez

Niamh Lane

Class of 2025 Spring Assembly

Niamh Lane

Denise Valladares

Class of 2025 Senate

Jacolby Lacy

Class of 2026 Assembly

Tristan Hyppolite

Izzy Paiva

Class of 2026 Senate

Kayla Hayden

Class of 2027 President

Destiny Garrison

Class of 2027 Senate

Arianna Begraft

Charlie Kay

La’Mon Perry

Class of 2027 Assembly

Bridget Cummings

Eddie Doyle

Kyle Turner

Tess Olbrish

May Cherif

Ebahi Adubor

Charlie Kay ’27 discusses his hopes as a new Senate member.

“I feel honored to have the trust and confidence of my classmates, and I’m very excited to be getting to work for each and every one of them. My goal now is to foster a sense of care for the whole community, or Cura Communalis. In the same way that we at Loyola aim to care for the whole person, Cura Personalis, our mission now needs to shift to ensuring that each member of our Loyola community feels heard, accepted, and cared for. My goal will be to help us, as an institution, fulfill that mission in any way that I can,” he said.

Still want to be involved but didn’t run for a position? There is still time to join one of the specialized committees SGA has to offer! They are a great way to be involved in the organization in an unelected role.

Congratulations to the newly elected President, Senate, and Assembly members from all classes!