And The (Unofficial) Nominees Are…

The 2015 music award season is slowly coming to an end, with the American Music Awards (AMAs) being one of the last ceremonies to commend this year’s biggest talents in music. Hosted by Jennifer Lopez, the 43rd annual fan-voted AMAs will be broadcasted live on ABC from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angles on November 22. Each year, music fans anxiously await the day when they can vote online for their favorite musicians, singles and albums of the year. Although the official nominations list will not be announced until October 13, here are some nominee and winner predictions for a few fan-favorite categories:

Artist of the Year

• Taylor Swift
  • The Weeknd
  • Ed Sheeran18839f21-608b-4acd-a2aa-a944db3e15e7-2060x1236
  • Fetty Wap
  • One Direction

This is the most anticipated category each year at the AMAs. We have heard from many talented musicians this year, some new and some old. Last year, One Direction took home the award, sending Directioners wild. With her #1 album, “1989,” Taylor Swift is my predicted winner for this year, if she is nominated. Then again, let’s face it. It’s Taylor Swift. She will be nominated.

New Artist of the Year

• Fetty Wap
  • OMI
  • Shawn Mendes
  • Halsey
  • Tori Kelly

This is another highly anticipated category. More and more newbies have been climbing the charts this past year. My bet is on Jersey boy Fetty Wap, who recently made Billboard Hot Rap Songs history, with an impressive five songs appearing on the chart. His catchy songs “Trap Queen” and “Again” are sure to bring him at least a nomination.

Favorite Male Artist – Pop/Rock

• Ed Sheeran
  • Nick Jonas
  • Justin Bieber

Bieber is back whetherjustin-bieber you like it or not. His new song, “What Do You Mean,” landed him his first ever Billboard Hot 100 position. Fellow pop-idol Nick Jonas also made a comeback this year after a split with brothers Joe and Kevin nearly two years ago. His songs “Jealous,” “Chains” and “Levels” can be heard on all the pop radio stations, definitely earning him a AMAs nomination this year. And of course, we have to show some love for the Brits. Ed Sheeran released his second studio album, “x,” in June 2014, but singles “Thinking Out Loud” and “Don’t” didn’t make their radio debut until this year.

Single of the Year

• “Cheerleader”- OMI
  • Uptown Funk”- Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
  • “Can’t Feel My Face”- The Weeknd
  • “Bad Blood”- Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar
  • “Shut Up And Dance” – Walk The Moon

The same five songs that are always on the radio. The songs that you cannot get out of your head, even if you’d try. That is what this category is for. My predicted nominee and potential winner: “Uptown Funk.”

Are these nominee predictions accurate? Tune into Good Morning America on October 13 to find out!