Halestorm: Into the Wildlife

Halestorm, a rock band from Red Lion, Pa., plans to release their third studio album Into the Wildlife in early April.

The band discussed in a documentary, filmed during the recording process, that this album is focused more on a live-experience feel. When you listen to the album, it will sound like you’re hearing them live, rather than just a recording. Instead of each member recording their parts individually, they set up together and recorded all at once. Although a harder approach, the resulting sound is more energetic, emotional and authentic. This is a difficult approach because if one member makes a mistake while recording, the entire band must start over. Despite this added difficulty, lead singer Lzzy Hale says that the band is aiming for a magical performance.

On the new album, lead guitarist Joe Hottinger experiments with different guitar sounds, running through various guitar pedals. He is aiming for specific sounds by utilizing multiple guitars and amps. Another unique part of this album is the fact that the band recorded it in a church. Unlike the standard recording studio, the echo and reverb is much more dramatic and harder to control post-production. The album will be an energetic venture for the band into an unorthodox sound.

Halestorm released their first single from the album, “Apocalyptic,” on Jan. 12. This sneak peek of the album encompasses the traditional Halestorm rock sound, which includes loud electric guitars, face-melting solos, screaming vocal lines and crazy drum rhythms.

Into the Wildlife is a highly anticipated album from a well respected band, and one that promises an exciting, original sound for Halestorm fans new and old.

Photo courtesy of: Flickr.com / Brian Hayden Safdie.