DMV Football Report: Ravens cruise, Redskins rally in Week 2

Photo by AL. G https://www.flickr.com/photos/90375586@N03/8235563172/in/photolist-Gda5vr-4bLWHw-dPGkt7-aaXkoZ-ec9Bb4-dLRn4r-99ceV1-au6etA-dxKq1u-8qp7m9-gjVAeJ-4EfDK7-dSGZN8-aaXy8T-5rQkUb-7C8Lbb-aY3mgZ-6PDrke-dYGMbW-7o4dF5-dSBpbX-5aygzK-dDSdff-6LxtTn-dEw3BB-dMr91V-gjVf4G-e9xYJM-gjVmGT-6MpDPK-cXyCEm-dSojEu-dqUfW3-aaZYbE-3WGSgz-jY673W-bWmYZC-6PWGvw-9cJit5-eaTnDA-dTEa49-eJjKpq-7x6ECs-kM2MUr-8Jze3S-6PWG7w-pHT8Xy-5cXrB5-dSYJP9-5aMmQE

The Baltimore faithful flocked to M&T Bank Stadium on Sunday as the Ravens looked to build on an impressive Week One victory. Week Two brought the Cleveland Browns to town, another divisional rival.

The Ravens got off to a hot start, as the offense put up two touchdowns by the midway mark in the second quarter. The first of which came on a four-yard scamper by running back Terrance West, followed by a nine-yard touchdown grab by running back Javorious Allen.

While the offense did its job, the Baltimore defense once again shined. Linebacker Terrell Suggs got the defense going with a strip sack and recovery. The tenacious Ravens defense went on to produce four more turnovers in the game: four interceptions and one fumble recovery total.

The final whistle came and went, with the Birds soaring to a 24-10 victory. The club will travel across the pond this weekend to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in London, England.

Now we go out west, where the Washington Redskins traveled to take on the Los Angeles Rams. After a slow offensive performance in Week One, the Redskins got off to a hot start in Week Two. Following two field goals by kicker Dustin Hopkins and a seven-yard run from RB Chris Thompson, Washington found itself up 13-0.

The Rams battled back with two scores of their own as running back Todd Gurley punched one in from a yard out and kicker Greg Zuerlein knocked in a 32-yard field goal. It was back-and-forth from there on out, as the Redskins needed a late TD drive from quarterback Kirk Cousins to secure a victory.

Cousins marched the team down the field, going 70 yards on 10 plays in 5:27. The final score came with 1:57 left on the game clock when Cousins found wide receiver Ryan Grant on an 11-yard pitch-and-catch. The Redskins came out on top 27-20.

The Redskins will take on the Oakland Raiders at home in Andover next Sunday.

Photo by AL. G via www.flickr.com (link)