Must-Have Spring Fashion Trends

Spring has finally sprung in Baltimore. The sun is starting to come out and more importantly, stay out, which means it is time to tuck away those parkas and boots, and take out your sunglasses and sandals. A change in weather means new fashion trends to experiment with. These are the top 10 trends to try for the spring.

1. DenimScreen Shot 2015-04-13 at 9.06.27 AM on Denim

Recently, there has been a major move towards 90s fashion. Denim on denim is the trend to try for spring. Whether it is dark on dark, light on light, or light on dark, mixing washes and denim types work with any outfit. Whether it is a boyfriend, skinny, or flare, pair it with a chambray or jean jacket, and embrace the denim on denim.

1. Camouflage

Camouflage is a hit or miss when it comes to fashion. With small amounts in a t-shirt or on a pair of pants, camo mixed with other patterns along with a bold, bright statement accessory can be perfect for a spring day.

1. Joggers

Joggers are a trend that is great for guys and girls alike. Simply put, joggers are fashion forward sweat pants. Mixed with a cute t-shirt and light jacket with Vans or Chuck Taylors, joggers are the pants for this spring.

1. Raincoats

We know that along with sunshine, April brings rain showers. This spring, ditch your North Face, and search out a cute raincoat. Whether it is polka dot, stripped, or multicolored color block, designers like TopShop, Stella McCartney and J. Crew are all adding fashion to the dreary spring showers.

1. Gingham

Whether it is a skirt, a co-ordinate, pants, or a dress, girly gingham is coming back and hitting the runway as well. The pattern is perfect for the spring weather when it is done in a pastel color. Add a strappy sandal and sunglasses to the gingham to complete your look.

1. Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 9.17.18 AMPlatform Sandals

Sandals are getting elevated this spring. Sandals with a platform have become the new sandal to wear day to day. No matter what the outfit, adding a platform sandal will make it slightly edgier and funkier.

1. Light Colored Blazers

Black, navy, and grey blazers are great for an interview or the winter. With the sun shining, but a cool breeze still present, a blazer is the perfect way to stay a little warmer. From pure white, to blush and other pastels, light colored blazers are the perfect way to wear a jacket in the chilly sunny spring months.

1. Shirt Dress

The new dress for the spring is the shirtdress. Appropriate for the office and a dinner date, the shirtdress is versatile and flattering on all body types. Whether it is plain blue, stripped, or denim, the shirtdress is an easy way to stay simple.

1. Off the Shoulder

Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 9.18.38 AMWhether it is a shirt, or a dress, exposing your shoulders is in. An off the shoulder crop top paired with high-waisted jeans, or a dress with bare shoulders paired with sandals are a must have for the spring. Plus, having exposed shoulders  helps you get a better tan.

1. Rompers

Though rompers made a “comeback” as a fashion piece a little while ago, they are still fashionable for this spring. Flowy, light fabric with a fun floral print makes a perfect outfit for any Coachella inspired day or night. Paired with a wedge or a gladiator sandal, rompers are a fun way to wear clothes that aren’t  just a dress or skirt.