Fashion Designer L’Wren Scott dies

Fashion scoop01designer L’Wren Scott died on Monday, March 17 of apparent suicide in her NYC apartment. Perhaps better known as the girlfriend of Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger, her death definitely caused much confusion and distraught among millions. As a teen, Scott’s talent was immediately recognized because of her tall 6’3” frame. She graduated college and moved to Paris to pursue a modeling career where she was booked by Chanel and Thierry Mugler. Scott proceeded to establish herself as a stylist in the 90s, and collaborated with Chanel’s own legendary Karl Lagerfeld. Around 2009, she contributed designs to Madonna and Julia Roberts for photo shoots. After embracing her talents and craving more growth in the industry, Scott finally transferred her energy into designing her own clothing collections, her first line launched in 2006. Her infamous “Headmistress” dresses are seen on Angelina Jolie, Amy Adams and Sarah Jessica Parker. Scott didn’t stop at clothes designs. She continued to explore her talents and launched a collection of handbags, named “Lula” after her mother. The line was first displayed at the prestige Barney’s New York. L’Wren seemed to have it all: from fashion model, to stylist, to designer, her success came from her passion and creativity in the industry.

The 70-year-old Rolling Stones legend, Mick Jagger, was apparently planning on finally settling down with long time girlfriend, L’Wren. Although this may be hard to believe, considering he has seven children with four different women, he “intended to make a home with his long-term partner in New York,” revealed her brother-in-law. He had recently decided to put a decline on his rock star lifestyle and focus on L’Wren at the age of 70. Scott and Jagger have been together sine 2001, which was his longest lasting relationship thus far. After hearing the news that Scott died of an apparent suicide, Mick Jagger and his band cancelled their show in Australia, scheduled for that night.i.1.lwren-scott-fashion-designer-neue

With many successes and perceived happiness, Scott’s death remains a complete mystery. Late last year, L’Wren introduced a collection for Banana Republic, stepping out from her haute designs to see where else her talents could lend a hand. She explained to Vanity Fair, “I don’t really jump on anything unless I believe it will deliver the quality and standards I stay true to. It is a very fun, happy collection and I think it is classic and timeless and elegant.” With so much gifted talent and enthusiasm for her career, it seems unimaginable that she was perhaps faking her happiness the whole time. The only bad news in Scott’s life was that her fashion label was heavily in debt and about to fold. Scott had been planning to announce the closing of her business before her death, and she cancelled her London Fashion Week show because of production delays.

Several people claimed that her suicide could have been due to the rumor of her and Mick Jagger’s “split-up,” however, that rumor was false according to Mick Jagger himself. Following L’Wren’s sudden death, many stars turned to social media to express their sadness. Mick Jagger’s ex-wife, Bianca Jagger, expressed that she was “heartbroken to learn of the loss.” Cathy Horyn, former fashion critic at The New York Times, recalled her friend Scott as warm and empathetic, adding, “L’Wren was made from a softer clay.” Mick Jagger released a tribute to “his lover and best friend” on his Facebook, expressing that all admired her talent. Rolling Stones members mourned with fellow band mate, as they were all as shocked by the unexpected death as Jagger was. Her death will remain a heartbreaking mystery. Scott was an unforgettable fashion genius, who will be missed around the world.