Things to consider: What does your cocktail say about you?

Some people have a favorite drink.  The one you confidently order when the bartender asks, “What are you having?”  Others, however, are still on the hunt for their beverage of choice. Either way, read on to see what your drink choice or potential drink choice says about you. From age 21 on, your drink choice may speak volumes about you.

Red Bull Vodka

This cocktail, classier than ever I might add, can be found in the hands of those who want a night to remember (or possibly not remember…). As if vodka isn’t enough of an energy boost by itself, the Red Bull addition results in an all-night dance party (possibly by yourself) feeling like you can conquer the world more and more with each sip. You can probably run a full-blown marathon after just one of these energy-inducing drinks, but will probably choose to roam the streets instead while simultaneously stuffing your face with pizza.

Daiquiri 

The daiquiri is probably the only drink acceptable for a small child to order (non-alcoholic, of course), perhaps because of all the fun colors it comes in. When one of age orders a daiquiri, I assume flashbacks of family beach vacations quickly fill one’s mind, making it that much harder to drink. Not only do flashbacks occur, but mom and dad’s faces quickly come into play, setting the tone for an altogether bad night which leads to thinking about all of the wrong choices that you made in life to disappoint your parents. But hey, if you like it, you like it. But then again, if you order this not on a beach, you might want to start considering other options.

Mojito

Although ordering this drink seems to roll of the tongue with the utmost sophistication and ease, a lot of bars are starting to deny people this cocktail. According to an article from the New York Post, “The drink is simply too time-consuming to make, while at labor-intensive cocktail bars, it’s been deemed out of fashion.” With white rum, fresh lime juice, mint leaves, sparkling water and sugar, this drink is equivalent to preparing an entire dinner (kind of). I guess we can conclude from this statement that one who orders this drink is pretty high maintenance and flashy, which can also be inferred by the mint leaves and lime slices decoratively hanging off the glass.

Long Island Iced Tea

Let’s just hope that the lucky contender ordering this drink is aware that they are not just getting an iced tea. This deadly drink can take you from zero to hero within two sips. Containing gin, tequila, vodka, rum and triple sec, the person ordering this drink is not one to be messed with, but will probably be a giant mess by the end of the night. You’re also all about saving money. You consider your options and realize that just buying this one drink will do the trick instead of spending the big bucks on drinks containing only one kind of alcohol. Some may call you wild, but I prefer smart saver.

Rum and Coke

If you drink a rum and coke, you want the best of both worlds. You’re pretty relaxed, but also a little adventurous. More than a beer, less than a straight shot, it seems to be the perfect combo. Typically, the taste of rum disappears, causing the rum and coke drinker to consume this at a speedy rate. Later found on the street somewhere or lost, this person has gone from a chill drinker to a glorious mess all in a single night.

Margarita

The Margarita transports one’s mind to Mexico with the bluest of skies and the clearest of waters—until you realize you’re actually just at a really cheap Mexican bar that sells 5 dollar margaritas. However, one too many of these and it would be no surprise if you were later spotted on a plane to Mexico. Regardless of whether or not you choose to drink this with the salt, your night has no choice but to either be incredible or a complete disaster.