JHU Wins the 2022 Battle of Charles Street

It was an exciting day: murmurs of the lacrosse game, and whether or not Loyola would reign supreme. School spirit was at an all-time high as herds of students began walking towards the Homewood campus.

With a packed student section, the game began with Loyola in the lead, thanks to a goal scored by Kevin Lindley ‘21, #7. With a one-point advantage, Loyola continued to showcase their skills on Johns Hopkins’ turf.

As a school that prides itself on its lacrosse capabilities, it was exciting to maintain a one-point lead for the majority of the game. 

While the game continued, the ferocity of school spirit from those in the bleachers continued to roar as an influx of students showed their undying sportsmanship by taking their shirts off. Go Hounds!

Though the game reached a plateau, that didn’t stop the  team from giving it their all.

As the game went on, Johns Hopkins progressively caught up, making for an exciting yet agonizing second half.

With the score tied at four points, Aidan Olmstead ‘21, #19, grabbed the ball, passed it to Lindley, who scored his second goal with a behind-the-back pass, putting Loyola  in the lead.

Ultimately, Johns Hopkins claimed victory with the score of 11 to 10, which had solidified the 1000th win in their program. 

Though we weren’t victorious, Loyola’s school pride endures. Men’s lacrosse will face off against Towson University, on their own turf, on March 2.

Featured Image courtesy of Katherine Tabor via Flickr Creative Commons