The All-American Rejects to Perform at this year’s Loyolapalooza

The All-American Rejects to Perform at this years Loyolapalooza

Attention everyone: The All-American Rejects are coming to Loyola! Only hours ago on this Friday night, during the BSA Fashion Show, it was announced that the band will serve as the main performance for Loyola’s annual Loyolapalooza event, which is set to take place on Sunday, April 24.

In recent years, artists such as Parachute, Capital Cities, Shwayze, and Karmin have populated the Loyolapalooza stage, and the 2016 show is expected to generate a great deal of positive hype (arguably more so than past years). The All-American Rejects are a band that the majority of Loyola students can truly relate to, since we basically grew up alongside their music. During middle school, songs like, “Swing, Swing,” “Dirty Little Secret,” “Move Along,” and “It Ends

Alex Tinder Photo, Courtesy of Flickr.
Alex Tinder Photo, Courtesy of Flickr.

Tonight” would play at every school dance, act as background music in our favorite TV shows, and we all undeniably went through a phase when we would belt out these tunes in our own respective bedrooms (come on, everyone did it). Needless to say, The All-American Rejects’ performance will connect everyone with their youth once again.

The band mates consist of lead vocalist and bassist Tyson Ritter (the most well-known member of the group), lead guitarist Nick Wheeler, guitarist and backing vocalist Mike Kennerty, and drummer Chris Gaylor. The four-member group is known to bring energy and excitement to every song produced, album released, and show performed. Ever since they hit their stride in 2003, The All-American Rejects have been known to produce powerful, show-stopping hits.

The excitement surrounding this year’s Loyolapalooza performer speaks for itself. When asked about the front-runner, Kristen Reilly, ’16, said, “I’ve had a crush on Tyson Ritter ever since I was in 6th grade. Embarrassing, but true. I can’t wait for the band to come to Loyola.” Bri Nelson, ’16, added to this by saying, “I really think that this is going to be the best Loyolapalooza I’ve ever been to.”

Start listening to your favorite songs and hunt down any old T-shirts or CDs that you may have, because there are roughly three weeks left until The All-American Rejects are set to perform here at Loyola!

Feature Image: Victoria Morse Photo, Courtesy of Flickr URL