$5 and free Movie Tickets at the Senator Theatre

Every Loyola student can get a $5 movie ticket at the Senator Theatre any day of the week until April 27. Then, from April 28 until May 11, students can get their ticket for free. To receive these discounts and enjoy any of the many featured films playing this spring, Loyola students need only show their student ID card when purchasing their ticket at the theater.

There is a film for everyone ranging from horror to animated comedy. The featured movies for this week are: “Knock at the Cabin,” “80 for Brady,” “M3gan,” and “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.” All Loyola students can experience adventure, horror, friendship, and comedy at a very low cost. These films have garnered buzz among cinema fans all over the nation. Delaney Sommers ’25 is a frequent patron of the theater that opened in 1939, and was named one of the top 20 movie theaters in the world in 2014. 

“I love the Senator. The theaters are so cute and homey. It is so great what they do with the tickets for students,” Sommers said.

“Knock at the Cabin” is the newest film to hit theaters. The film is about a girl and her parents who are taken hostage by four strangers during an eerie, suspenseful trip to a remote cabin. “80 for Brady” is another new film that will be gracing screens at the Senator this weekend. The movie is a heartwarming, fun story about four longtime friends who travel far and wide to watch their beloved Tom Brady play in the Super Bowl. 

The third film that is showing is “M3gan”. The film features a terrifyingly life-like doll made from artificial intelligence that turns evil. If horror isn’t your thing, “Puss in Boots: The Last Wish” may be more up your alley. In the movie, Puss discovers he has used eight of his nine lives and goes on an epic journey to find the Last Wish so he can restore his nine lives. With all of these exciting films debuting, it is no wonder that Loyola students are flocking to theaters. 

Anna Sovik ‘26 said, “Puss in Boots seems cool. It would be so fun to go with my friends.” 

Discounted movie tickets are available to Loyola students at The Senator all semester long thanks to Late Nate at Loyola. Students are limited to one discounted ticket at the theater per 24 hours. Visit the theater’s website and don’t miss out on this opportunity to see plenty of new movies on the big screen! 

Featured Image Courtesy of Sarah Gilmour.