Looking forward: a preview of Greyhound opinions for fall 2020

Welcome back to the Greyhound’s Opinions section! We’re back for another semester of new articles and writers to keep the community engaged and informed on what’s going on, even while we’re studying at home this semester. Our section is working hard to cover everything that is going on this year, but here is a small snapshot of what to expect from us.

With the 2020 Presidential Election coming up, we’ll be covering everything from debates, popular news stories, student opinions, and more this Fall. Expect a range of student opinions and coverage of major updates and news stories from a Loyola student perspective. Be sure to keep checking in for a fresh take on what’s going on in Washington, as well as around the country!

We’ll also be covering Loyola’s responses to the current political climate, offering new opinions on the opportunities available for students to engage in meaningful conversation. We’ll take a deeper look at our student-created efforts, as well as those initiated by the Loyola administration, to tackle issues within race, gender, religion, politics, and many more that members of the Loyola community see and experience.

Loyola’s COVID-19 response will also be covered by Opinions. We’ll take a look at the student response to Loyola’s reopening plans, in addition to what is happening on a regional, national, and global scale as news about vaccines and new precautions is updated. We’ll see how students are reacting to an unprecedented situation, what students are nervous about, and what we are looking forward to while we are still in the midst of a pandemic.

We’ll also be throwing plenty of quarantine-friendly content your way– reviews, COVID-safe activities to keep you busy, and a little encouragement from our section to keep you going at home this semester! We’ll be running trials of holiday baking, new morning routines, and some light-hearted fun to keep things fresh.

Despite the circumstances of a stay-at-home semester, we’re looking forward to the next few months of writing and finding new ways to engage with our peers. Admittedly, there is currently a lot that is up in the air, but we’re hoping you’ll join us for the ride!

-Kam Bezdek, Opinions Editor

Featured Image courtesy of Christopher Connell via Flickr Creative Commons