SGA Releases 2019 Fall General Election Results

On Oct. 8, Student Government Association (SGA) released its 2019 Fall Election Results. The annual Fall Election aims to engage First Years and fill any vacant seats in Student Government Association. 

The field featured six candidates for Class President, two for Senate, and seven for Assembly. Once the voting period concluded, 10 first year students and two seniors were elected to the organization. Because of a need for three Senate positions for the First Year class, a Special Election was held the week of Sept. 30 which included a ballot of candidates who had lost an earlier race.

Chief Operations Officer, Maggie Di Pesa ‘20, was pleased with the turnout. “We are thrilled with the enthusiasm we saw during this election cycle,” said Di Pesa. “We are looking forward to a productive year with our new members.” 

However, this election was different than cycles in the past. For the first time, on Sept. 24, SGA implemented a General Election Town Hall. This event held in McGuire Hall gave each candidate a chance to interact with their classmates, express their goals and aspirations, and answer the pressing questions of the student body. 

“It was great to see all of the candidates put their campaigns on display, and show what they bring to the table,” Class Assembly member Jack McCormick ‘23 said. 

To learn more about SGA, their branches of government, and newly elected officials, visit www.loyolamdsga.org

Fall 2019 General Election Results:

Class of 2020 Assembly:

• Jack Higgins
  • Bekka Mingioni

First Year Class President:

• Avinash Ali

First Year Senate: 

• Darielle Runner-Draper
  • Grace Gleason
  • Braya Markley

First Year Assembly:

• Jack McCormick
  • Sara Gomez
  • Claire Perkins
  • Lily Norris
  • Mark Salanger
  • Kayla Pomales