BREAKING: To-go boxes return to Boulder Garden Cafe

After weeks of discontent and upheaval from the student body, Loyola Campus Services sent out an email at 9:42 a.m. announcing that to-go boxes will once more be available in the Boulder Garden Cafe dining hall at dinnertime. This change in dining policy, which will be effective immediately, was sparked by a petition named “Bring Back Boulder Boxes” which circulated campus this week, in addition to other complaints raised by members of the Loyola community. The petition was signed by a total of 1,603 supporters.

Below is the full email from Director of Campus Services Jen Wood and colleagues:

Dear Students,

At the start of the academic year, Campus Services made changes to try to resolve the issue of students eating in Boulder without swiping their meal plan. These changes have unfortunately had an unintended negative impact on the dining experience for students.

Effective immediately, the to-go containers are again available. They may be used only for meals to go. In fairness to your fellow students, please remember to use your meal plan swipes when dining in Boulder. If you are planning to walk through Boulder and suddenly decide to stay and eat, please go back to the entrance, swipe and get your hand stamped.

We will continue to have conversations with students and staff to develop a long-term solution to this situation. We want to ensure that every student has a positive experience when dining with us on campus—or taking your meal with you to go.

Sincerely,

Jen Wood, MBA ’10

Director of Campus Services

Helen Schneider

Associate Vice President Facilities and Campus Services

Phil Revel

Resident District Manager