What You Missed: The Greyhound News in Review

Jennifer Louden named dean of undergraduate admissions

Jennifer Louden, who has been serving as the interim dean of undergraduate admissions since October 2017, officially began her role as dean of undergraduate admissions on July 1. Louden earned a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies from Loyola and a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Kenyon College.

Louden has worked in admission services at Bucknell University, American University, and Georgetown University. Louden is a current resident of Columbia, Md., and first started at Loyola in 2007 as an associate director of undergraduate admissions. After being promoted to senior associate director of admission, she briefly left for a stint at Georgetown but returned in 2016 as the associate director for diversity, equity and inclusion in the office of undergraduate admissions.

When prospective students and their families visit campus, they see the enthusiasm of our faculty, our administrators and our students, and they understand Loyola, Louden said.

During her time at Loyola, she has cultivated exceptional collaboration across campus while also embracing a deep commitment to equity and inclusion and a passion for the Jesuit mission and values of our university,” Mark Lindenmeyer, Loyola’s interim vice president for enrollment management and communications, said about Louden.

Alumni gifts to expand entrepreneurship at Loyola

In late July, Loyola received two gifts from alumni totaling more than $1.46 million. The gifts came from Nick Simon 84, and the Frank family (George Frank 50 and Tim Frank 85) with the intention to further expand entrepreneurship at Loyola. Check out the full story by News Editor Stefan Joyce ’20 to learn more about the donors and the programs their donations will go toward.

Public Safety appoints new director after losing student trust

Over the summer, Maj. Rufus Dawson was appointed as the interim director of public safety at Loyola, replacing former director Tim Fox. After several safety incidents, the department has been facing pushback from the student body to reestablish a sense of trust on Loyolas campus.

Feature Image: Jon S Photo, Courtesy of Flickr