Valentine’s Day: What to Buy and What to Do

It’s no secret that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you have a partner and still have no idea what to get or what activity to plan, don’t fret. I’ve come up with a list to ensure a romantic day for all of my Valentines out there.

Right now, time is of the essence. The perfect gift can take some time to find or get delivered, so, let’s cut to the chase!

Regardless of who you’re shopping for this year, Etsy, an e-commerce shop that features vintage and handmade items and goods, is key! On this incredibly easy-to-use website, you can find a variety of personalized gifts. Plus its app makes shopping while being a busy college student much more accessible!

• Engraved Jewelry — Engrave your anniversary date or a quote to show your love for your partner.
  • Love Coupon Book — A unique and fun gift designed to keep you both laughing.
  • Song Lyric Plaque — Have a specific song lyric that just explains your love story? Get the words engraved in a cute, decorative plaque!
  • Picture Frame — Get a cute picture frame that houses an endearing picture of you two together.

Not finding anything on Etsy? Need something more immediate? Let’s go classic!

• Edible Arrangements — Nothing is better than being surprised at work with sweets filled with love!
  • Bouquet of Flowers — The epitome of “classic.” Surprise them with these to keep them smiling all day.
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick — Let’s face it. Everyone loves a good TV binge. Enhance your partner’s TV experience with this cool remote.
  • Gift Card — This one may seem basic, but it can be practical. As college students, we all know the financial struggle. Get your partner a gift card to their favorite store or coffee shop to help them through the semester!

Now that you have a gift in mind, what should you plan for your Valentine’s Day? Lucky for you and your Valentine, there’s plenty of things going on around campus!

• Wed., Feb. 14 — Messina will be showing a romantic comedy in McGuire East from 8-10 p.m.
  • Wed., Feb 14. and Thurs., Feb 15 — Mosaic presents its annual performance of “The Vagina Monologues” from 7-9 p.m. in McGuire Hall.
  • Friday, Feb. 16 — Improv Club will be having a Valentine’s Day show from 7-8 p.m. Make sure to check Loyola Today for details.
  • Sat., Feb. 17 — Battle of Charles Street! Make sure to check out the men’s lacrosse home opener against Hopkins at 1pm at the Ridley Athletic Complex.
  • Sat., Feb. 17 — ALANA trip to see Black Panther at 4:30 p.m. Keep an eye out for more details on Loyola Today for this one too
  • Sat., Feb. 17 — Winter Formal at Baltimore’s National Aquarium in the Inner Harbor. Buy tickets at the box office!

“These events really help you get into the Valentine’s Day spirit, whether you’re single or not,” Resident Assistant Taylor Elton ’18 said.

So, whether you’re taken this Valentine’s Day or are going solo, make sure you check out one of these fun activities on campus!

Feature Image: Barbara am Ende Photo, Courtesy of Flickr