Watch with PRSSA as Trevor Noah talks race, identity

This Sunday, Oct. 15, Loyola’s chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is hosting a live broadcast event featuring Trevor Noah, writer and host of “The Daily Show.”

The event will be broadcasted live from Northwestern University by New York Times journalist John Eligon. Eligon, a graduate of Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism, Media, and Integrated Marketing Communications, will be prompting an open conversation with Noah about the current state of race and identity during Donald Trump’s presidency.

Due to the efforts of PRSSA and the Communications Department, Loyola, along with over 100 other colleges and universities from across the country, was selected to host a live broadcast of the event.

PRSSA President Miranda Logan ’18 and Vice President Daley Keator ’18 are excited for the opportunity that this event could present for Loyola. To them, this event could be as big as last year’s Rokerthon, and a huge opportunity for Loyola to showcase the involvement of its students in larger global issues.

“This means Loyola may be featured to a global audience,” Logan said.

In addition to speaking on the subject of race and identity, Noah and Eligon will be taking questions from students in the live audience at Northwestern and from prerecorded videos of students from the universities who are viewing the broadcast, such as Loyola. Over the past week, Logan and Keator have filmed several students.

The event will be taking place this Sunday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. in Knott Hall B03. The event will be catered, and attendees will have the chance to enter into a raffle and win free merchandise from The New York Times. Interested students should register online using the link below and remember to bring their student ID to the event.

Register: Get With the Times

www.getwiththetimes.com