The World of WAGS

WAGS (Wives and Girlfriends) of professional athletes is the new reality show, Tuesdays at 10|9c on E!. The “WAGS hierarchy is as follows: wives, fiancés, girlfriends, and wannabes (as the WAGS call them). The show features seven women and their place in the WAGS world. It displays both the glamorous and not so glamorous aspects of their lives. They get the perks of going to games and cheering on their men, attending red carpet events, and endless shopping trips. But they also have to deal with their men’s careers dictating where they’ll live and how often they’ll get to see each other, along with typical relationship tiffs and personal problems. This is all thrust into the spotlight because of the status of their men. The new show mainly follows the women, with the professional athletes making appearances throughout the episodes. Below are the seven ladies and a little taste of what it’s like to be a WAG.

wags13tvf-7-webSasha Gates is referenced as the head WAG; she’s been married the longest and earned her status. She’s married to San Diego Chargers tight end, Antonio Gates. They’ve been married since 2011 and recently had a baby boy, Aven. Before being married, she was a model and currently has a children’s clothing line with her friend, and fellow WAG, Autumn Ajirotutu.

Autumn Ajirotutu is the wife of Philadelphia Eagles, Seyi Ajirotutu. She’s been married to Seyi since 2012, and they have twin baby girls together. As previously mentioned, Autumn has a children’s clothing line with fellow WAG, Sasha Gates. She always says that she prefers to hang out with the wives, because they understand the life better and will act accordingly.

Barbie Blank is engaged to NHL player, Sheldon Souray. She was a former WWE Diva, the youngest they’d ever had and because of that was famous on her own before connecting with her hockey fiancé. She seems to have the picture perfect relationship with Sheldon, but she keeps getting into with Natalie Halcro and Olivia Pearson.rs_634x1023-150810120506-634.Wags-Watermarked.7

Ashley North is engaged to Washington Redskins safety, Dashon Goldson. They’ve been together for 11 years but were only recently engaged in 2011. They have a daughter, Charly, but Dashon’s persistence to push back the wedding has put a strain on their relationship, and has Ashley worried about their future as a family. She was previously a celebrity stylist, but now focuses on taking care of her family.

Nicole Williams is a model, and the girlfriend of Tampa Bay Buccaneer, Larry English. Her relationship currently has the most tension and drama on the show, with trust being the main issue. She says that she doesn’t trust any of the ladies out there because athletes attract more wannabes than the average guy. But she powers through all of her relationship drama by remaining focused on being a successful model.

Natalie Halcro is currently dating NFL Linebacker, Shaun Phillips. They’ve been together for two and a half years, but the wives still look down on her because “she might not be here the next day”. She was previously a model for many years, but is now a makeup artist and blogger with her cousin Olivia Pearson.

olivia-pierson-11Olivia Pearson, is the single lady of the group and currently at the low end of the totem pole in the WAGS world. She claims to only date professional athletes, because why date a regular Joe when an athlete is available? In her professional life, she has a beauty blog with her cousin, Natalie Halcro and they seem to be driven to keep growing its success.

Although it may seem like being a WAG and a pretty cheerleader for their men is all that these women live for, that’s not the case. The majority of them have their own careers and aspirations as entrepreneurs, models, and being mothers. These women have an elegant life because of their men, but they are doing just fine for themselves when they’re not wallowing in the glamorous side of their lives. But being the biggest supporter for your man is always a good idea! Catch the show every Tuesday on E! if you want to get a glimpse of the WAG life.