Off-campus eateries continue to accept Evergreen card

The beginning of the school year on the Evergreen campus brought about many changes that new and returning students alike are still adjusting to. One change that many students have been curious about is what off-campus eateries do and do not accept the Evergreen card. With all of the changes to the Loyola dining plan, the rumor mill has been swirling as of late as to whether or not the handy little cards will be accepted when students venture off campus for some nourishment.

Putting the rumors to rest right off the bat and thus calming our biggest fear, Director of Campus Services Jen Wood addressed the growing concern over whether or not the ever-popular Chipotle was still accepting the card. “Someone mentioned that…[but] that is not the case and they are part of the program. We are working with Chipotle to determine why someone is telling the students this.”

As for other off-campus dining locations, they have remained the same as years past with Subway, the Evergreen Café, Roland Park Bagels, Miss Shirley’s, Egyptian Pizza, Toss and Qdoba continuing to accept the Evergreen card. One eatery that no longer wished to remain with the program was that of Sofi’s Crepes. The shop in Belvedere Square had not been seeing as many Loyola customers as they had in years past,  so when Loyola switched their vendor for the off-campus dining program over the summer, Sofi’s Crepes chose not to return.

However, with the loss of Sofi’s Crepes, there was room made for a new Evergreen accepting location. The newly re-constructed McDonald’s on York Road will now accept Evergreen.

As for the future of the off-campus dining program, Wood said that they have been in talks with Royal Farms, with whom they could not come to an agreement with this time around, and Pizza Mart, but have yet to hear back from the management. Wood said, “We are open to suggestions for new locations and work with SGA to determine what locations students are looking for.”

For a list of all off-campus locations that accept the Evergreen card, visit www.loyola.edu/department/ocs.